Sunday 25 September 2011

Lemonade

Continuing on with fruity drinks, I couldn’t resist sharing this one with you (I know, two drinks posts in a row, but trust me, it’s worth it).


The other day a friend of mine had some unwanted lemons she wanted to get rid of. I happily took some home with me and knew immediately what I wanted to make with them..homemade lemonade. For years I’ve been curious about homemade lemonade and I have to say with good reason. This lemonade recipe is just perfect, not too sour, and not too sweet. It really is just right. The key to getting this recipe is to taste as you go and adjust the amount of water and soda water to your own liking.




Lemonade

Makes: 5 cups
Ingredients:
4 lemons, juiced
3 cups of water
Between ¼ to ½ caster sugar (depending on your preference)
1 cup of soda water


Directions:
In a large jug combine the lemon juice, water and sugar (I only used about ¼ of a cup of caster sugar), tasting as you do so. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Top up the drink with soda water until you are happy with the taste.

Source: adapted from allrecipes.com.au










No comments:

Post a Comment